We are currently recruiting RNs, LPNs, MA’s, Certified Coders, and RHIT or RHIA professionals to work as Medical Records Reviewers (Field Reviewers) for our many projects throughout the United States. See the final section of this posting for a full listing of states within which we will be conducting reviews. Our Field Medical Record Reviewers visit physicians’ offices and Medical facilities to retrieve, review, and pre-audit specific documents from medical records for various projects and studies.
You will be provided an Advocate to help you plan your daily activities. Outcomes Health will schedule and confirm all of your appointments to make your days as efficient as possible. We will also provide state-of-the-art equipment for scanning charts and medical records and transferring files to our secure file transfer site on the Web. We provide help desk assistance for both technical and medical record retrieval support.
Outcomes Health offers competitive compensation. We also provide thorough training in the use of our technology, processes, documents to be scanned or copied, and HIPAA confidentiality requirements for protected health information. If you have substantial medical records and/or chart auditing experience, a professional demeanor, and can work independently, we invite you to join the most respected name in the industry.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency in MS Office, creating data files and folders.
- Must be an RN, LPN, Certified Coder, RHIT, RHIA, MA or Medical Records Professional or medical Billing and Coding Professional
- Medical terminology knowledge
- High-speed internet access at home (no dial-up)
- Reliable transportation, auto insurance and a valid driver’s license
- Commitment to confidentiality of patient health information
- Professional, articulate and able to work independently
- Availability at least 20 hours per week during business hours
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Must be willing to travel within a 40-mile radius
- Business attire is required when visiting physician offices
- Must have a working cell phone, home computer, and printer
SUMMARY OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately and efficiently conduct medical record review services
- Scan relevant components of the medical record to support reviews performed
- Upload scanned medical records daily
- Maintain communication lines with assigned advocate
- Successfully complete required training, testing and quality assessments
- Communicate effectively and professionally with care provider offices, clinics, hospitals, other clinical facilities
- Travel to medical facilities in specified area of region from home to complete review services
- Abide by all HIPAA and associated patient confidentiality requirements
AL, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, ND, NE, NV, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
Outcomes Health Information Solutions, LLC (“Outcomes Health”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veterans in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Outcomes Health complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Outcomes Health expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Outcomes Health employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely prohibited.